Educational / professional career
1985 Engineering degree (Ir) in 1985 at the Free University of Brussels (VUB), specialization Applied Physics.
2002 Certificate Postacademic curriculum XML, University of Louvain (KUL)
1985-1986: University research assistant (VUB, Brussels),MIS engineer (University Hospital VUB-Jette), software engineer, project manager and technical director. (Delaware Computing, Antwerp; SoftCore nv, Brussels)
1994 till now: SCK•CEN
- 1994-1997 IT manager of the Belgian nuclear research Center.
- 1997-till now Scientific researcher in the DSR (decision strategy research department), working on knowledge management and computer supported communication projects, mostly in domains related to nuclear off-site emergency planning.
- 1997-2001 Researcher and project leader of Cohesion, design of a collaborative e-learning and group decision support system.
- 2000 Manager of e-discussion exercises on ethics in the SCKCEN human science group
- 2004 General Co-chair of the ISCRAM 2004 conference
Documents on this community site (only for registered users)
Systems Improving Communication in case of a Nuclear Emergency. B. Carle, F. Vermeersch and C. Rojas-Palma
Structuring stakeholders involvement in radiological crisis management. C. Turkanu, B. Carlé and Ph. Vincke